Monday 18 July 2011

An unexpected visit to the hospital

Some things in life occur unexpectedly. But everything that occurs has a purpose behind its existence. Accepting it with an open mind helps in facing the reality and truth of life. The same principle is applied on health ailments according to me. Since Friday my lower abdomen is paining badly. I cannot get up from the bed because of my pain. This is why I could not attend my OPD today and decided to see a surgeon. I am not a kind of a person who avoids visiting hospital. I like the environment there and it teaches me how to carry the candle of hope when life seems to full of uncertainties. But today's visit to the hospital was unplanned. I was trying to ignore my pain thinking that it would subside on its own. Unfortunately the pain continued for more than three days to such an extent that I had to take an injection of painkiller. Then I seriously thought of going to a doctor. Sometimes we avoid our bodily conditions which become big headaches for us in the future. How unfortunate are those who cannot afford the cost of health care treatment. 

This morning I consulted a surgeon and he examined me. He advised an ultra sound and blood tests. I had to wait for an hour for my turn at the radiology department because there was a huge rush. I sat on a chair and waited for my turn. Ultimately my ultra sound and blood test was done. The ultra sound finding revealed that there is inflammation in my Ceacum (the first portion of the large bowel, situated in the lower right quadrant of the abdomen). My blood reports will come tomorrow. I am trying to ignore my pain so that I could do my work but my pain is really troublesome and severe. I hope my pain and inflammation will subside soon. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment