Tuesday 2 August 2011

Oh! these menses...

I worry a lot about my menstrual bleeding. I keep thinking about it most of the times. I am not obsessed with it but as a female with a bleeding disorder it is quite normal. The thing which I hate the most is having profuse, heavy and prolong menstrual bleeding. I just do not like it. My work efficiency gets decreased during menses. Sometimes I have to take leave from my work which I dislike the most. This time my menses started when I was making IQ report of a patient at the OPD. My lower back started paining badly and I could hardly move. It was so difficult for me to reach the metro station and board the train to go back home. Somehow I managed to start walking from the hospital and ultimately reached the metro station. The train was late by 7 minutes and I had to stand. There was no space available for sitting. The train came and I got a sigh of relief. Surprisingly the compartment was extremely crowded and I was getting irritated. There was a group of girls who were talking so loudly that I felt like scolding them. But I had no energy to do so. Frankly speaking I had no right to scold them. We live in a democratic nation and everyone has freedom to expression through words. Isn't it? I would have surely got into an argument with those girls in the train. Then suddenly an old woman pushed me so hard that I fell on the floor. I do not understand why can't people walk in a civilized manner. She didn't even say sorry to me. I starred at her but did not say anything. I was very annoyed by her behavior.

After reaching home I took painkiller, factor injection and hot water bag therapy. I slept for four hours and felt a little better when I woke up. My mum asked me to stay at home and rest for a day. I agreed and decided to stay back at home.

I took an off today so that I could rest. My lower back pain is still there but it will subside in few days. Sometimes I feel that having a bleeding disorder is a real challenge. It makes me weak for a while but with my mum's support and care I always face it bravely. My friend Suchu called me and asked about my condition. It was so nice to talk to her. Her soothing words gave me comfort. I really love her and she also loves me truly. We have a wonderful bonding and we also have share common interests. 

Today is my second day of bleeding and I got many get well soon messages from my friends. I am hoping to get back to my work tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Im sorry to hear that, but happy though- to know im not the only one... You fight just as much as me... I have so much pain the first 2-3 days. Cant eat or drink and not even walk to the toilet... I would like to have contact with you. You can find me on twitter or facebook- use my email to locate me piloghund@hotmail.com please i will be thank full. Im 33 and from Denmark, i dont have V.W i have Glanzmann thrombastenia, witch is just as bad :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know if you have seen this one so just in case you didnt-
    http://hemaware.org/women/women%27s-bleeding-disorders/in-the-game
    Maybe it can help you? I will for sure try it out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much Dorthe. I have sent an email to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh im so happy :D i will write you back very soon... Lots of love from me to you <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be waiting to hear from you. Love you too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello hopefully my new friends, I'm a 42 yr old female with VWDIII severe, I just recently started getting involved with the bleeding disorder community, and realizing so many things about others that are effected by at times a very disabiling disorder my heart, my friendship, and my prayers will go out to each and everyone who needs me for anything, please feel free to contact bless of luck to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please do keep in touch and yes i would love to talk to you about any and everything we go there every day my email is hblusc2011@gmail.com thank you and god bless you

      Delete
    2. Hi my blood friend,

      I have sent an email to you on your private email address.

      Have a nice day.

      Delete
  8. I read the email and thank you I'm sorry I'm not the one who you thought it was please read my email and you will further understand and I do live in the States , I'm from South Carolina

    ReplyDelete