Saturday 11 June 2011

When I met a kid with Hemophilia


It was really touching for me to meet a kid with Hemophilia A. I never met any kid who has a bleeding disorder. The moment I saw the kid I became emotional. My sister was also with me. The kid greeted both of us and we started conversing with him. We both chatted with him. He told us about his likes and dislikes. We asked him about his favorite subject, actor, movie and Indian sweet. The boy also knew everything about hemophilia. He told me about factor infusions and his target joints of bleeding. He was very weak and spoke very softly. The kid was very shy and I had to take initiative for continuing the conversation. My heart was pained to his thin arms and legs. I thought he was 6 or 7 years old but later the kid told me that he was 10 years old. I asked him about his hobbies. It was a long list. This little kid loves playing cricket with his friends a lot. He cannot play cricket when there is any bleeding in his elbow joint. During bleeds his mother makes sure that she is there to take care of him. His mother earns very little. She is the one who takes him to the hospital for his regular check ups. His father takes no interest in his treatment process.

                                           

I cannot forget the child's face. He was really innocent and disciplined. I tried my best to understand his perception towards his bleeding disorder. The kid looked sad and smiled very little during the conversation. It was the first time when a kid became friendly with me. A great achievement for a person like me. I always believed that kids are irritating and troublesome. But my view about kids changed after such a nice meeting. This experience was an eye opener for me. I will always cherish it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Priyanka!

    Im v.happy to see your perception about kids changing. all the more happy that it is being changed by a haemophilic child.

    Krish, Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes.. I just loved meeting that kid.

    ReplyDelete