Monday 30 May 2011

Why I hate monsoon


I do not like monsoon at all. Monsoon is a season which I hate the most. It has a history behind it. My dislike for monsoon started in the year 2000 when I was a school kid. The same year (May 31) I attained menarche. I went to school after my summer holidays. I was excited to get back to my academic routine. Everything was going at its own pace. Then one day my class teacher announced about our class picnic. Everyone was really happy to know about our class outing. Our teacher informed us the place where we were going for our outing. All of us started making plans for our class outing. Each one of us was really really excited as it was the first outing organized by our school. My school always emphasized on academics but never underestimated extracurricular activities. But picnic was a dream for us.

The final day came. It was our picnic day. I was the only one who was sad and irritated. The reason behind my sadness and irritation was my menstrual bleeding. Unexpectedly, my menstrual bleeding started the day before my picnic day. I told my mother about it. She cheered me and advised me to go for my picnic. Without thinking about the aftermath I went for my picnic. At that time, I was unaware of my bleeding disorder (Von willebrand's disease). It was really unfortunate.

I went for my picnic. I was not feeling comfortable as I was bleeding badly. I tried my best to behave normally and hide my pain. It was difficult for me to jump and yell  like other students to announce my happiness. I preferred to sit at one place because of my heavy and profuse menstrual bleeding. I was enjoying by watching my classmates. After sometime it started raining heavily. I was wet from head to toe. It was really really disgusting. I wanted to run away from there. I was regretting on coming for picnic. Life is a challenge when you have a chronic and lifelong disease. The rain didn't stop and I was getting wet and more wet. I was bleeding and getting wet in the rain at the same time. It was extremely irritating. I cannot forget that day in my life. I was helpless. No one was there to help me. 

It is difficult for me to pen down my drastic experience with monsoon. It has been ten years now but this experience has not faded from my memory. So, whenever monsoon begins I start worrying about my menstrual bleeds. It is difficult to manage your bleeds when it is raining. I just don't like getting wet in the rain, especially when I am bleeding. Monsoon is about to approach and I am getting nightmares.  





1 comment:

  1. I promise you Priyanka, one day the same monsoon will rain endless happiness in your life washing away once and for ever all your nightmares and anxieties you had experienced so far during the monsoon.

    Krish, Chennai

    ReplyDelete